Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service refers to stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you'd like to build a web site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by various companies, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between different stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an enormous quantity of pictures with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some firms provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular web content only.